Above Board Summer Camp 2023
Above Board Summer Camp is a weekly summer camp, Monday through Friday, for kids 7-17 years of age, who would like to learn to skateboard or quad skate, or already know how to skateboard, inline, quad, scooter or BMX.
***Please note, our instructors only teach skateboarding (all weeks), and quad skating on certain weeks only. We DO NOT teach BMX, scooter, or inline, even though all wheels are allowed at camp, and in our facility during regular business hours.
Summer Camp Schedule:
9 AM - 9:30 AM: Stretch and Warm Up
9:30 AM - 10 AM: Snack Break
- $2 worth of free snacks and drinks per day, per child
*Snacks, drinks, non-perishable meals and frozen meals available for purchase.
*We have reloadable gift cards that can be used to purchase concessions
*You can pre pay for store credit to be used throughout the day as well, if desired
10 AM - 11 AM: Skate Instruction and Goal Setting
*We can't force someone to participate. If they want to learn, we can teach them.
- Rental helmet, and skateboard or scooter, if needed.
*Everyone under 18 is required to wear a helmet while using the facility.
*We recommend you bring your own equipment if possible.
*We do have a fully stocked pro shop with new and used equipment for sale.
11AM - 12 PM: Structured Camp Activity
- Games, crafts, contests and other fun activities!
*Ex. tie dye, hide and seek, grip art, hungry hippos, giant slip n slide, water balloon fights, and more!!!
12 PM - 12:45 PM: Lunch
- Please pack a lunch everyday with lots of water!
*Drinks, non-perishable meals and frozen meals available for purchase.
12:45 PM - 1 PM: Park Etiquette Discussion
*Lesson for all campers about how to use the skatepark correctly, responsibly and respectfully
1 PM: Half Day Pick Up & Transition to Open to the Public
- Half day campers who are here past 1 PM will be charged an extra $5, as first session has started at this time.
*$3 discount for half day campers attending first session, normal admission is $8/session
1 PM - 5 PM: Free Skate
- After 1 PM we will only be doing free skate, no more structured camp activities. We are open to the public at this time. There will be people of all ages using the facility. Camp counselors leave at 1 pm on certain days, and there is a shift change. The same person who was supervising during drop off may not be there after 1 PM. Please only sign up for a half day (9 am - 1 pm) of camp if you are uncomfortable with there not being adult supervision inside the skatepark during open skate, when we are open to the public. After 1 PM there will only be an adult in the shop, not in the skatepark, supervising through the camera (linked to the big TV behind the counter).
5 PM: Full Day Pick Up
- Campers who are here past 5 PM will be charged an extra $5, as second session has started at this time.
*$3 discount for campers attending second session, normal admission is $8/session
OUR SUMMER CAMP IS A LOT OF FUN!!!
GREAT MEMORIES ARE GUARANTEED!!!
Due to high demand, spots are limited to 20 per week. Please fill out the application below with your desired week(s) and contact information and we will contact you, or call us at (336) 333-5800.
Please only fill out the form if you intend to sign up for camp. If you need more information about our program, please call us anytime after 1 PM, any day, 7 days a week.
* Drop off is anytime AFTER 9:00 AM and pick up is anytime BEFORE 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
(If you need to stay past 5 pm, you will get a reduced rate of $5 to stay during second session.)
Normal business hours on weekdays during the summer are from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm, which means those who are attending a full day of summer camp will have even longer to skate, and will have the park to themselves for several hours to practice and learn with our experienced instructors before we open to the public. Summer camp does NOT include weekends, but we do offer weekend, week, monthly, 3 month, 6 month, and yearly memberships. Members get in free, or for a reduced rate, save on summer camp, and also receive 10% off shop purchases. We also offer hour long lessons on select days. Those under 18 are required to wear a helmet, and ALL participants must have a waiver on file, signed by a parent if they are under 18 years of age.
Summer camp runs for twelve weeks, beginning June 5th, 2023, and ending August 25th, 2023.
Week One: June 5th - 9th
Week Two: June 12th - 16th
Week Three: June 19th - 23rd
Week Four: June 26th - June 30th
Week Five: July 3rd - 7th
Week Six: July 10th - 14th
Week Seven: July 17th - 21st
Week Eight: July 24th - 28th
Week Nine: July 31st - August 4th
Week Ten: August 7th - 11th
Week Eleven: August 14th - 18th
Week Twelve: August 21st - 25th
SAVE WITH A 3 MONTH, 6 MONTH, OR YEAR MEMBERSHIP; OR WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR ALL 12 WEEKS!
Summer Camp Options:
FULL DAY (9 AM - 5 PM): $219 per week, OR $50 per day.
HALF DAY (9 AM - 1 PM): $199 per week, OR $45 per day.
FULL DAY (9 AM - 5 PM): $249 per week, OR $55 per day.
HALF DAY (9 AM - 1 PM): $219 per week, OR $50 per day.
ALL 12 WEEKS:
FULL DAY FOR 12 WEEKS: $2,100 (SAVE $528)
HALF DAY FOR 12 WEEKS: $1,900 (SAVE $488)
FULL DAY FOR 12 WEEKS: $2,500 (SAVE $488)
HALF DAY FOR 12 WEEKS: $2,000 (SAVE $388)
A non-refundable $50 deposit is required to hold your spot for each week you'd like to attend. You must pay in full by 9 PM on the Sunday before the week starts.
The $50 deposit for each week you'd like to attend can be made in person, over the phone, or online through PayPal.
PayPal: ( email@example.com )
* Make sure to put your child's name and week number(s) if you are sending your deposit or full amount through PayPal.
Please fill out the application below as soon as possible to reserve your spot!
Please call us at (336) 333 - 5800 if you have any questions, or if you'd like to reserve your spot!